Former BYR teacher, Becka Davidson, opened the doors to her new Bikram Yoga Studio in Virginia Beach this past month. Congratulations Becka! Next time you’re in the area, check out her studio!! http://www.bikramhotyogavabeach.com/
Dear BYR Family! HAPPY 2013!!! What a great year 2012 was. We are so grateful for this yoga and to have you in our lives. Reflecting back we’ve had quite an exciting year at BYR. Last January we had two of our students represent BYR and the state of Virginia at the National Yoga Asana Read more »
“Good for your lungs and respiratory system,” says Bikram. Most people only use 10% of their lungs. This can lead to breathing problems like emphysema, asthma, and shortness of breath. Deep Breathing teaches you to use the other 90% of your lungs. Pranayama Breathing does more than build lung capacity! It increases circulation through out Read more »
As Bikram would say, the most important thing in your life, is your life I first started practicing Bikram yoga in 2006. Through years of ignoring my body entirely, attending college and working in between classes, I felt stressed, at times unhappy, anxious, and desperately needed an outlet. I made up my mind to go Read more »
Blow like you’re blowing out a birthday candle. If you get a cramp in your stomach, you are breathing the right way! You should breathe like this every day. Kapalbhati is good for digestion, strengthens all the abdominal organs and improves circulation, and strengthens abdominal wall while trimming the waist line.